Combining patterns and designs and creating your own decorative art glass. We aim to give you a creative boost, with no expensive or specialist equipment needed this is a truly versatile and accessible technique.
‘Making part sheets is like making fabrics for quilting.’
You will finish this class with at least two finished pieces and a selection of part sheets for use in your future designs.
Time and Place
Duration 2 days - 10.00am to 4.00pm - total 12 hours
Warm Glass, 5 Havyat Park, Wrington, Bristol. BS40 5PA
Create your own decorative art glass to use in your fusing creations.
Experimenting with part sheets is a fantastic way to expand your glass pallet and recharge your inspiration. Using powders frits stringers and even paints and enamels there are uncountable design opportunities for creating and using your own art glass for fusing projects.
Taking inspiration from artists like Martha Pfanschmidt you can layer imagery and pattern into your fused glass work. The part sheet process allows you precise control over the placement of pattern in your work from stylish minimal designs to beautifully intricate collage effects part sheets take the fiddly nature out of layering stencils, stringers and design elements in your work. Using a variety of techniques for creating pattern and design we will fill the kilns with your own part sheet creations, considering specific firing requirements and discussing special effects.
On the second day we will talk over design considerations for including part sheets in your projects and assemble at least two pieces to be fully fused and slumped.
Teacher - Megan O’Hara, Warm Glass Studio Coordinator, who has trained at Bullseye Glass in Oregon.
We provide lunch for all those attending our courses. Please click here for more details.
What to Prepare
- Prerequisite: one day taster class at Warm Glass UK or similar experience.
- Information on your booking will be emailed to you prior to the course date.
- Please wear work clothes and closed toed shoes.
- We provide masks but if you have your own you may wish to bring it for comfort
- All materials and a delicious lunch are included and all the necessary tools and provided.
- Please advise us if you require a vegetarian lunch or if you have any food allergies.
- We restrict the class size to 8 people.
- We teach using Bullseye Glass (CoE90).
Cancellations up to 4 weeks before the course 90% refund, after that date a 50% refund will be given up to 1 week prior to the course. Cancellation of any class incurs a 10% admin fee of the total cost of the class. In order to keep class costs low for all, we make no exceptions to this policy.