This class is a follow up class to our Fusers Bootcamp 1 class but it is equally suited to fusers who wish to gain greater technical information, and try out a variety of techniques.
You will finish this class with a range of excellent samples for your home studio and one finished piece showcasing the techniques learnt.
Time and Place
Duration 2 days - 10.00am to 4.00pm - Total 12 hours.
Warm Glass UK, 5 Havyatt Park, Wrington, Bristol. BS40 5PA
This class is designed specifically for those already set up for glass fusing and wish to advance their knowledge and skills in kilnformed glass. There will be a balance of hands-on creativity and technical discussions, as well as plenty of demonstrations and advice on a wide range of fusing techniques. You will have the opportunity to try out a wide selection of tools and equipment and explore the vast range of accessory glass and inclusions on the market.
Over the two day course we will cover the following:
- Exploring reactions
- Diagnosing common issues and understanding how to avoid them
- Firing schedules
- Bubble control
- Advanced powder techniques
We aim to give you a creative boost buy filling in any gaps in your fusing knowledge and inspiring you with a variety of exciting techniques designed to help you to push your glass making to the next level.
You will finish this class with a wealth of knowledge and a finished piece showcasing the techniques learnt, and excellent samples for your home studio.
Teacher - Becky Wills, who has trained at Bullseye Glass in Oregon.
We provide lunch for all those attending our courses. Please click here for more details.
What to Prepare
- Prerequisite: one day taster class at Warm Glass UK or similar experience.
- Information on your booking will be emailed to you prior to the course date.
- Please wear work clothes and closed toe shoes.
- We provide dust masks, however if you have your own you may wish to bring it with you for comfort.
- All materials and a delicious lunch are included and all the necessary tools are provided.
- Please advise us if you require a vegetarian lunch or have any food allergies.
- We restrict the class size to 8 people.
- We teach using Bullseye Glass (CoE90).
Cancellations up to 4 weeks before the course 90% refund, after that date a 50% refund will be given up to 1 week prior to the course. Cancellation of any class incurs a 10% admin fee of the total cost of the class. In order to keep class costs low for all, we make no exceptions to this policy.