Frits and Powders are the most versatile of accessory glasses; learn how to use them to their full potential.
“This is a must do class!”
You will finish this class with a slumped plate and four coasters.
Time and Place:
Duration 1 Day - 10.00am to 4.00pm - Total 6 hours
Warm Glass UK, 5 Havyat Park, Wrington, Bristol. BS405PA
This class covers a range of techniques for working with frits and powders. With a hands on approach we will explore various methods of working with powders to create colour, depth and imagery in your work.
We will explore powder printing, a new technique which is an excellent introduction into incorporating imagery into your glass work. As well as looking into experimenting with river rock reactions, sifting and manipulating layers of glass to capture and convert light as it passes through the piece. You will experiment with colour, free-hand glass application and stencilling. As well as fascinating dilution techniques. Frits and powders really are extremely versatile!
There is no cutting involved in this class and the techniques involved are suitable for both beginners and the more experienced glass artist who wants to learn an exciting new technique.
Teacher - Megan O'Hara, Warm Glass Studio Coordinator, who has trained at Bullseye Glass in Oregon.
We provide lunch for all those attending our courses. Please click here for more details.
Preparation and Information:
- No previous experience required.
- Information on your booking will be emailed to you prior to the course date.
- Please wear work clothes and closed toe shoes.
- We provide dust masks, however if you have your own you may wish to bring it with you for comfort.
- All materials and a delicious lunch are included and all the necessary tools are provided.
- Please advise us if you require a vegetarian lunch or have any food allergies.
- We restrict the class size to 8 people.
- We teach using Bullseye Glass (CoE90).
Cancellations up to 4 weeks before the course 90% refund, after that date a 50% refund will be given up to 1 week prior to the course. Cancellation of any class incurs a 10% admin fee of the total cost of the class. In order to keep class costs low for all, we make no exceptions to this policy.