Create art from chemistry by harnessing the reactive qualities of glass to make beautiful glass jewellery pieces, with expert tuition.
“I’m all fired up to go home and have a go at metal inclusions!”
Learn from an experienced professional jewellery maker and designer. This class is an in depth look into using reactions to create stunning jewellery.
Time and Place:
Duration 2 days - 10.00am to 4.00pm - total 12 hours
Warm Glass UK, 5 Havyat Park, Wrington, Bristol. BS40 5PA
Take your jewellery to the next level using the reactive potential of Bullseye glass combined with metal inclusions. The reactive potential of Bullseye glass can be combined with metal inclusions. Learn how to effectively use metal foils, frits and powders in your art glass. The chemistry of glass can create beautiful results and this class is an excellent choice for people who want to add some exciting new techniques to their jewellery making skills. Learn how to use a variety of reactive techniques including:
- Alchemy Glass
- Silver reactions
- Powder reactions
Appropriate firing schedules will be discussed as well as invaluable information and guidance on programing kilns and using a variety of tools and specialist equipment.
All the techniques learnt in this class are achievable in a small kiln.
Teacher - Claire Hall, professional jewellery designer maker.
We provide lunch for all those attending our courses. Please click here for more details.
What to Prepare
- prerequisite: one day taster class at Warm Glass UK or similar experience
- information on your booking will be e-mailed to you prior to the course date
- please wear work clothes and closed toe shoes
- we provide dust masks, however if you have your own, you may wish to bring it
- all materials and a delicious lunch are included and all the necessary tools are provided
- please advise us if you require a vegetarian lunch or have any food allergies
- we restrict the class size to 8 people
- we teach using Bullseye Glass (CoE90)
Cancellations up to 4 weeks before the course 90% refund, after that date a 50% refund will be given up to 1 week prior to the course. Cancellation of any class incurs a 10% admin fee of the total cost of the class. In order to keep class costs low for all, we make no exceptions to this policy.