The Bullseye Glass Experience
Warm Glass UK and Bullseye Glass bring you The Bullseye Experience.
Booking will open at 9:00am UK time on Tuesday 1st September 2015, via a private link that will be e-mailed to all Warm Glass UK Platinum Customers who subscribe to our e-mails.
Explore the inner workings of Bullseye Glass Co in Portland, Oregon with this amazing experience. Attend a workshop in the Bullseye Research & Education studio with Portland-based glass artist, Nathan Sandberg. Spend time at the home and art collection of Bullseye owners, Dan Schwoerer and Lani McGregor. Visit Bullseye Projects for a tour of the Gallery and current exhibitions. Learn about making sheet glass while touring the Bullseye Factory, and hand cast your very own sheets. Places are strictly limited, so don’t miss out, book now!
Dates: 31st May to 4th June 2016
- Tour of the Bullseye Factory and the Architectural Fabrication department
- Tour of the Bullseye Projects Gallery and Studio
- Tour of the home and glass art collection of Bullseye owners, Dan Schwoerer and Lani McGregor, with happy hour refreshments
- Opportunity to hand cast, and bring home, two sheets of glass on the Bullseye Factory casting floor
- Opportunity to hand-select glass from the Bull Pen to purchase through Warm Glass UK
- Five days of hands-on projects in the Bullseye Research & Education Department (27 hours of studio time) taught by the amazing Portland-based glass artist, Nathan Sandberg. Nathan will teach his popular 'Vitrigraph Murrine and Drop-Out Vessels' class (see below for course details)
- KSI: Kilnforming Scene Investigation demonstration
- Six nights’ accommodation at the Inn at Northrup Station
- Six continental breakfasts at the Inn at Northrup Station
- Five lunches
- One group dinner out
- Transportation between the hotel and Bullseye Factory each day, and to evening events
Students in this innovative workshop will learn to create reproducible decorative canes and intricate murrine using the Vitrigraph kiln, capitalising on the ways glass can be arranged in and flow from a crucible. These elements will be fused into a blank that will be used to explore the drop-out method of slumping glass in the kiln. You'll learn the basics of working with the Vitrigraph kiln, as well as advanced methods of murrine making and the many variables involved in the drop-out process. Each student will create one drop-out vessel. Prerequisite: The ability to accurately cut circles from 3mm glass.
What’s NOT INCLUDED:
- Airfares and transportation to and from the airports
- Additional meals, snacks and entertainment
- Students will need to arrange their own visa’s/esta’s and travel insurance
If Bullseye cancels: In the unlikely event that we cancel a class due to low enrolment, those who have registered will receive a refund in the amount of $3100. Whenever possible, the cancellation will be made at least thirty days prior to the beginning of class. If a class is cancelled, we are not responsible for reimbursing travel costs or other reservation fees.
If you cancel or transfer: This class fee includes a $100 non-refundable, non-transferable registration fee, which is forfeited by those who cancel a registration or transfer a registration to another class session. Students who cancel or transfer registration sixty or more days prior to the beginning of a class will receive a refund of $3000. Cancellations made fewer than sixty days prior will be refunded or exchanged only if we are able to fill the student’s space. In order to keep class costs low for all, we make no exceptions to this policy.
We recommend that people ensure that their travel insurance policy covers them in the event that they are unable to attend.